Questionnaire for Candidates for Supervisor
Rescue Muni, San Francisco's transit riders' association, is holding its Candidates'
Forum on Monday, September 11. If you are in favor of better public transit and
would like to be considered for our endorsement, please submit your answers to this
questionnaire by September 1. Our Steering Committee will evaluate the answers and
select candidates to be invited to the forum.
Instructions: Please answer the following questions briefly but completely and
email to board at rescuemuni.org (or
fax to 415/673-0686) by September 1. We will choose candidates for our forum
on 9/11 shortly thereafter.
Please also provide your Name, Address, Phone, Fax, E-mail, Web Site, and so on.
- How often do you ride Muni? Which lines? Do you own a Fast Pass?
- The Board of Supervisors is responsible for confirming the mayor's nominees to
the Municipal Transportation Agency Board. What criteria would you apply in evaluating
- Rescue Muni opposed the confirmation of H. Welton Flynn and the other nominees
to the MTA Board. Would you have voted to confirm them? If you are an incumbent,
how did you vote, and why?
- Did you support Proposition E in November 1999, the Muni Reform Charter Amendment?
Why or why not?
- The Board of Supervisors will have a great deal of say in the future of the Transbay
Terminal. What are your thoughts on the subject?
- The Board of Supervisors will have a great deal of say about the construction
of new parking structures in San Francisco. How do you plan to balance the need of
right-of-way for transit with demand for more parking?
- The Board of Supervisors sits as the county Transportation Authority, which is
central to major transit capital projects. What criteria will you use when deciding
whether to allocate funds to one capital project or another?
- Speaking of capital projects, what are your thoughts on the proposed Central
Subway project and the proposed Geary Light Rail project?
Finally, please feel free to attach supplemental material explaining why you're
running for supervisor, who is supporting you, etc.
The Rescue Muni Steering Committee
Home Page ]
Copyright © 2000 RESCUE MUNI. All rights reserved.
This page was posted by Andrew
Questions? Send us email.
Last updated 8/24/00.